Andaman and Nicobar Islands
Andaman and Nicobar Islands are located within the Bay of bengal that is approx 1200 km away from mainland of India. Andaman and Nicobar is approx 8,249 Sq km in area
Andaman Nicobar Islands are the cluster of 572 Islands within which only 38 Islands are underpopulated [28 in Andaman Islands and 10 in Nicobar Islands]. Andaman and Nicobar Islands are divided into two groups i.e Andaman Islands and the other is Nicobar Islands.
History of Andaman Islands:
About Andaman Islands
- Port Blair is the Capital of Andaman Nicobar Islands. Both Air ways and Sea ways are connected to mainland from Port Blair.
- There are 572 group of Islands, there are classified as
- Andaman Islands – 550
- Inhabited – 28
- uninhabited – 522
- Nicobar Islands – 22
- Inhabited – 10
- uninhabited – 12
- Andaman Islands – 550
- Andaman and Nicobar are covered by dense evergreen forest with heaps of flora and Fauna’s. several of them are distinctive.
Which Language use in Andaman ?
- Hindi and English are the Official Language of Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
- Most spoken languages are Bangla, Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Nicobarese, malayalam and lots of additional, that’s why Andaman is termed as mini India.
What Currency is used in Andaman ?
- Andaman and Nicobar Islands is a 28th State [UT] of India.
- India Rupees is used in Andaman and Nicobar Islands
- Currency can be exchanged at Veer Savarkar Airport, Port Blair, banks and with other authorized dealers.
Do Tourist need Passport / Visa to visit Andaman Islands ?
- As I already said, Andaman is a a part of India, Indian citizen doesn’t need passport or visa to go to Andaman Islands
- But it has several restricted area like Tribal / Forest Reserve area, to go to there some special permission needed and a few reserve areas are totally restricted.
- Valid Identity Proof is must for all.
- Other than Indian citizen, Foreign tourist needed passport and visa as per the Indian Rules.
- Foreign also required RAP [Restricted area Permit] along with the visa, that is available on arrival at Port Blair airport or ship from Migration authorities.
About Andaman and Nicobar Tourism:
- Andaman Islands have the foremost exotic and untouched beaches.
- These beaches offers the chance to try and do lots of Water Sports Activities such us Scuba-dive, Sea Walk, snorkeling etc..
- Read more about Andaman and Nicobar Tourism