Havelock Island, Andaman and Nicobar Islands [India]
Havelock Island is a lovely island within the union territory of Andaman and Nicobar Islands. It’s the foremost putative, most stunning and most visited island within the Andaman Islands.
Havelock is mostly safe for swimming, snorkeling and diving activities and appears attractive.
The blue ocean with the crystal clear water, the sand, the native appetizing foods, wonderful diving Points and most effective.
Havelock is a Island to the completely clean and serene beaches, picturesque villages and exotic resorts encircled by stunning coconut and palm trees.
A lot of tourists fly or sail across the Bay of Bengal to get pleasure from this heaven during a remote corner of Asian nation [India].
Havelock is popularly turning into a paradise within the touristry world. it’s a natural paradise packed with white sand beaches, coral reefs with a colourful array of aquatic life, palm trees, in addition as dense forests within the interiors.
How to Reach Havelock Island?
Port Blair to Havelock Island can be reached by three different ways
- Private Cruise
- Government Ferry
Port Blair to Havelock by Private Cruise
- Havelock Island is one of the most visited places in Andaman and Nicobar Islands
- Private Cruise is mainly used for transfer tourist to reach Havelock Island
- Private Cruises are more comfortable and can be book through online.
- Makruzz, Makruzz Gold, Green Ocean – 1, Green Ocean -2, Bhagya Express are the private cruise currently running between Havelock from Port Blair.
- There are some more vessels to join the fleets shortly they are Makruzz Pearl, ITT Majestic, Sea Link.
Is Private Cruise can be book in Advance?
- Yes, private cruise to havelock can be book in advance.
Private Cruise Fares:
- Green Ocean fare starts from Rs. 1,289/- per head [i/c GST and PSF]
- Makruzz fare starts from Rs. 1,407/- per head [i/c GST and PSF]
Timing of Private Cruise from Port Blair to Havelock**:
- Green Ocean 2 – 0600 Hrs, 1215 Hrs
- Green Ocean 1 – 0630 Hrs, 1230 Hrs
- Makruzz – 0745 Hrs, 1300 Hrs
Timing of Private Cruise from Havelock to Port Blair**:
- Green Ocean 1 – 0930 Hrs, 1530 Hrs
- Makruzz – 1600 Hrs
** timing are approx
Port Blair to Havelock by Government Ferry
- Government Ferries plays an vital role to transfer tourist as well as local public.
- These ferry are all time vessel.
- Government ferry to Havelock Island are daily 3 times and some route boat also passes via Havelock Island and they are 3-4 times in a week
- Government ferry tickets can’t book through only.
- These ferry ticket issue 3-4 days before the day of departure.
- Tickets are issue from the STAR counters of Director of Shipping Service, A & N Admin.
Port Blair to Havelock by Helicopter
- Helicopter service are there to reach Havelock Island from Port Blair.
- There are 3 times in a week the helicopter service to reach havelock
- Helicopter plays an important in the case of medical emergency to transfer patients from other part of Islands to Port Blair
- These ticket can get at civil Aviation, A&N Admin
Places to visit in Havelock Island :
- Havelock Island is one most visited places in Andaman and Nicobar Islands
- This Island are famous for its white sand beach and marine life.
- Radhanagar Beach
- Elephant Beach
- Kalapather Beach
- Radhanagar beach is one of the most popular beach in Asia
- and its famous for sunset point and white sandy beach which suitable for swimming.
- Elephant Beach also spelled as Elephanta beach.
- Elephant beach is popular for Water Sport Activities like Sea Walk, Snorkelling, Glass bottom boat etc.
- Kalapather beach is one another beach, tourist like to visit kalapather to see Sunrise.
Also Read :